Friday, May 29, 2009

Some Friends, Some Sun, Some Food, Some Drama

That's how I would sum up last weekend.

I am sorry it has taken me so long to post. This week has been a little sleepless. Leighton had one bad night where she would just yell out in her sleep and I would just lay there waiting for her to call me or cry and Hayley has been under the weather. B stayed with her Tuesday and I stayed home Wednesday and left work early Thursday to take her to the Dr. Along with a dirty house and piles of laundry I am still folding from last weekend. (I have been borrowing B's socks all week for a lack of clean ones in my drawer)



Last Saturday we arose at 7:00am and were on our way to Welaka at 9:00am. It POURED down rain for 2 hours on the way there.



As soon as we arrived the rain cleared up and we were unpacking all the water/sand toys. I guess no one noticed the black cloud that lingered over B's head.




I asked him to go get the wagon full of toys out of the back of the truck for the kids.



He said "Sure."


While he was gone to the truck it had started to sprinkle and we all decided it would be a good time to eat lunch while it was raining.


I was trying to be a good wife and wait for B to get back with the toys, so we could all walk together inside to get lunch. Well now it was raining a little harder and "What the heck is taking him sooo long?!?"


So the girls and I go up to the house without him. I walk up to see everyone crowded around B with his foot propped up in a chair, and it would be an understatement if I said blood was pouring out of his foot. Some were saying he didn't need stitches and some were saying he did. Let's just say he definitely DID.
So Matt and his sweet Mama loaded up B and took him to the Critical Care Center. Where in my opinion the doctor did a work of art, he pieced it back together perfectly! They were back in a couple of hours, the sun was out and B was barefooting.


What? He had his tennis shoes on.



Oh, and enough pain pills to feed an army!



Mrs. Mary saved us from having to stay at the hotel near the lake.


P.S. I think Hayley and Leighton have officially adopted Mrs. Mary as their Welaka Grandmother.


Sunday morning as Matt, Hollie, B, all our kids, and I sat around eating pecan pancakes, yeah that's right pecan pancakes and sausage, Hollie and I were remembering the days as a teen when we would load up to go to the beach and be so conscious of how we looked in a bathing suit that it didn't matter how hungry or lightheaded you would get, no one stopped for food. Just shake it off! I laughed about that! It's funny how you forget stuff like that.



After breakfast we went over to where the VanZant and Buchanan Families were staying. When we got there some of the kids were catching minnows and putting them in a bucket. Hayley thought this was the neatest thing ever, she joined right in!



These must have been the slowest minnows in the world because even I could catch them.



Well the other kids were catching them and putting them in a bucket. Not my Hayley she wanted to hold them and talk to them and take pictures with them.



Right before I took this picture she gave the "sleeping" minnows a pep talk. "Ok little fishees, it's ok, come on just smile."


I have never seen her make a sweeter smile then when she was posing with her fishees. Notice she even leaned her head into the fish, there was so much love!


She would lay them down to take a "nap." Needless to say we had sleeping fishees everywhere!


Late Sunday afternoon we packed up and headed home.


It was pitch black outside and pouring down rain. But that didn't matter to Leigh Leigh.



Monday we stayed around the house, grilled out, ate watermelon, and of course drug out the slip and slide!








We were trying to teach Hayley how to slip and slide without actually doing it. It wasn't working! One of us had to show her. Can you guess who that was?




































5 comments:

Dana said...

Your video just gave me and Chris a late night chuckle LOL...thanks for the commentary Brandon!! :)

Hollie said...

oh my good gosh dang, that was hilarious. We were just talking about the days of slip and slides and going out and buying one for kate's bday party. i used to love them...but there was always some random stick or rock under it and it hurt soooo bad! I don't know if i could do it nowadays, i'm pretty impressed with your skills!
that video was so funny!
oh, and we had the best time with ya'll at the lake! come back with us again this summer! good ole mary loved the Jordan gals!!!

Unknown said...

That was HILARIOUS. Brandon made the video at the end! It was typical Brandon talk, that's for sure. I was very impressed with your skills too!

Becky said...

Now who's the cool mom?! Always enjoy your blog Kasey!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

That was funny. Just blog hopping today and enjoyed reading your blog...

I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by.

Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway.

Happy Sunday!