Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Always Have an Appreciation for Consistency




Before I show you what I'm talking about - about the whole appreciation for consistency bit, let me tell you this short story. To me, this is the funniest story ever. I am having to hold back from laughing out loud right now. ( Another thing you'll learn about me is that I am really corny like that. I crack my self up...a lot. Yep that would be me the one who tells a joke and then while laughing, is slapping myself on the leg, it really embarrasses my husband!) As you know from previous posts we have a very hard headed child, well both of them are hard headed but one inparticular, Leighton, I mean no names mentioned. All of the sudden we have been having a terrible time getting her to go to bed. The recipe calls for: We put her in her bed she comes right out



Repeat x one hundred



So after spanking and threatening to close the door we actually did. Close the door. Well she then gets out of her bed, all demon possessed, and comes out crying and all upset. So we put her back in there. This time Brandon is on the outside holding the door shut. Of course, she gets up all upset and starts banging on her shoe rack against the door. (It's one of those that hooks over the door but is not attached at the bottom) Then all of the sudden silence. She gave up... she feel asleep... or she escaped out the window, we're left wondering. Brandon lets go of the door, my heart beat finally gets back to normal when....long pause....she walks out with shoes on. We don't back down, we put her back in there, we continues this and every time she comes out she has on a different pair of shoes. Including, my personal favorite, the fuzzy hot pink bed slippers Gaby gave her for Christmas. Last night we had a very long night with her. It started as described above, but she ended up in her bed. She must have had a nightmare or something b/c she came in our bedroom about 4:30 fully accessorized. So, with that in mind check out these pics just from the last 2 days!
Hot pink high heels while vacumming



Hot pink high heels while playing in the sprinkler with her sister.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! This is soooooo Cayde! They definitely are the perfect match ;)

The Musgrove's said...

Too cute!! I thought Haylee would be the girly girl and Leighton would be the Tomboy. Maybe I am wrong. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sure the sleepless nights have taken a toll on you and Brandon. Just be glad you are not the Dugger's or Jon & Kate!!! OMG!
BTW-I love the hot pink shoes! That is so YOU-lol!

Kelly said...

Adorable vacuuming picture!